Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The tricks of ETSY

So I've got my shop up. I've got forty scarves photographed and about another twenty to go. Every morning I check to see which scarves have got the most hits the night before. Only one sale so far, to a friend of mine in Los Angeles, so what do I have to do to get my shop out there?

I've linked my ETSY shop to this blog. I've figured out how to add the showcase too. I've tried to poke around the ETSY forum to introduce myself to other ETSY people who might have ideas of how to promote the shop. I've donated scarves to charity because I think good karma is always a great thing. I'm in the process of making a logo for the scarves that will sell in the Penticton Art Gallery which will have the address to the ETSY shop on them as well.

And now, with the bulk of the shop up and at least running, I will try to mellow out about it all and get back into some painting. This week or next I will try to get my paintings up on ETSY. I've also got some new ideas and some old ones still kicking around my head that ought to come out.

Wish me luck!
XXMelanie

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it! Slow and steady! Like the turtle, not the hare!

    ReplyDelete