Friday, May 25, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers: Yarn bomb spotted!

I hate moving. Haaaate!

Since moving back to Canada, I have moved nine times. Seriously! Whoever said I should move back to Canada for some stability in my life, should think again! I've never moved this much! Ever! 

However, all of this moving had an upside this last time around. While I was shuffling my things between my new and old house at the beginning of May, I discovered probably the most ambitious yarn bomb I've seen so far. 

This one is on Fourth Avenue West near Collingwood St, (I think, I cant' remember exactly). I've passed it so may times on the bus, trying to snap a picture out the window, but I had never been successful. Luckily one day I decided to ride my bike a different way to my yoga class and I happened across it again. So bike thrown down on the sidewalk much like I did as a kid, I snapped a few pictures with my phone before I continued on my way. 

A few new flowers for May!
 (Now if only the rain would stop, Vancouver!!!) 

The long view of the fence.

The flowers would have been knitted into shape then "sewn" onto the chain-link fence. 

Notice the cloud! I wish they had filled in the cloud somehow. 

Okay, the cloud could have been a lot better, but I won't complain! 

If I had time and some knitting skills I'd go add bees and butterflies. 

Yarn grass would be pretty cool too. 

I love how these flowers blend into the field behind it. They don't look out of place at all!

The long view from the other side. 

Pink Poinsettia-looking fleur. 

Thank you for the inspiration, Flower Yarn-Bomber!

You have also made my dreary moving duties a little bit brighter with your unsanctioned street installation!



Ps. If you are in the Victoria (British Columbia) Area and would like to donate some yarn to a yarn bomb tree Installation, Go to:
This link! 


xxMelanie

No comments:

Post a Comment