Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wanderlust! Exhibition opening at the Penticton Art Gallery

Penticton Art Gallery (Toni Onley Gallery)
Melanie Mehrer: Wanderlust
Artist talk Saturday, September 17 at 1 p.m.
Opening September 16th
I'm very excited to announce my upcoming show at the Penticton Art Gallery! The Press release came out this morning and somehow it's all very surreal and real and exciting.

You can see the press release/ artist statement from the


I will be showing in the gallery next to Nick Bantock, who is the creator of the Griffin and Sabine Trilogy. I have owned all of his books and stationery sets and poured over his images in the past. I even have all of my special papers and postcards in a Griffin and Sabine box Somewhere in my boxes of things packed away for literally decades now. My travel journals, which were largely inspired by Griffin and Sabine will be on display as well. I never though tin a million years Nick Bantock would actually see them one day!

This will be an overview of the work I have done over the past fourteen years. You will see LinoCut collages from Taiwan, Blankets from Shanghai, My travel journals from the Middle East, Thailand, Cambodia, Cuba, Dominican Republic and a few from India, Mosques from the UAE and my paintings from Turkey and Canada.


So with that, I invite you to come to the opening
at the Penticton Art Gallery on
Friday, September 16th,

7-9 pm. See you there!

xxMelanie

No comments:

Post a Comment