Tuesday, June 22, 2010

United Arab Emirates- Again!

Just a quick one to tell you I am back in the Middle East for a spell!


I haven't brought any paints with me, but I hope to do some sketching while I am here in the UAE. I wish it weren't so hot though- I would love to walk around and do some drawings of mosques- but in fifty degree heat it's not really possible! But I'll do my best!

Here is a small sketch I did waiting in line for my medical examination for my working visa I started to gather a crowd while drawing, and wasn't sure if I would offend anyone. Images of people are not permitted in Islam but there seem to be some funny exceptions to this rule!

xxMelanie

2 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't have to complete the death march that we had to last year...
    Jolani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, no, no tourist visa renewals this year! ; )

    ReplyDelete